Having an above ground pool can be a great addition to your backyard, providing a fun and refreshing way to beat the summer heat. However, getting in and out of the pool can sometimes be a challenge, especially for children, the elderly, or those with mobility issues. That’s where cake steps come in. Cake steps are a popular and convenient solution for easy access to your above ground pool. In this article, we will discuss what cake steps are, their benefits, and how to install them.
What are Cake Steps?
Cake steps are specially designed steps that attach to the side of your above ground pool, providing a convenient and safe way to enter and exit the pool. They are called cake steps because of their unique design that resembles a layered cake. Cake steps are typically made of durable materials such as resin or stainless steel, ensuring their longevity and resistance to rust and corrosion.
Benefits of Cake Steps
There are several benefits to installing cake steps for your above ground pool:
1. Easy Access: Cake steps make it easy for everyone to get in and out of the pool, including children, the elderly, and those with limited mobility. The wide and sturdy steps provide a stable surface for safe entry and exit.
2. Safety: Cake steps often come with handrails, providing additional support and stability. This is especially beneficial for those who may have difficulty balancing or have a fear of falling.
3. Aesthetics: Cake steps are available in various designs and colors, allowing you to choose one that complements the overall look of your pool. They can enhance the visual appeal of your above ground pool and create a more inviting atmosphere.
Installing cake steps for your above ground pool is relatively straightforward:
1. Determine the Placement: Choose a suitable location along the side of your pool where the cake steps will be installed. Ensure there is enough space for the steps and that they are positioned securely against the pool wall.
2. Prepare the Ground: Level the ground where the cake steps will be placed. Remove any rocks, debris, or grass to create a smooth surface.
3. Attach the Steps: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to attach the cake steps to the pool wall. This usually involves securing the steps using bolts or screws.
4. Test and Adjust: Once the steps are installed, carefully test them to ensure they are stable and secure. Make any necessary adjustments to ensure the steps are level and properly aligned.
5. Finishing Touches: Clean the steps and the surrounding area to remove any dirt or debris. Consider adding non-slip treads to the steps for additional safety.
Cake steps are a fantastic addition to any above ground pool, providing easy access, safety, and aesthetic appeal. By following the installation process outlined in this article, you can enjoy the benefits of cake steps and make your pool more accessible for everyone. So, dive into the summer fun with cake steps and create lasting memories with family and friends!